Last year, I tried fixing my clothes-drying machine. I kept forgetting to unplug it and I got shocked no less than a dozen times (I went into the humanities for a reason). Every time I got shocked, my arm jumped and twitched painfully. In movies you see people touch a major power source and get thrown across a room.
It turns out that this actually happens, but not for the reason that most of us imagine. Most of us envision that when you touch a hot power source, electricity flows into your body kind of like a painful liquid flowing out of the wall socket and into your veins.