All candidates were asked the following six questions. Their responses, plus additional comments made during interviews, in public venues, or in the course of written correspondence, form the core of each of the profiles on these pages.
Unabridged responses may be seen on our blog.
1. Do you support raising taxes to save local health and human services? If so, who should pay?
2. Do you support a permanent home for Nickelsville on public land? If so, where? If not, where should these homeless people find shelter?
3. Are you satisfied with the current consensus of a bored tunnel to replace the Alaskan Way Viaduct? If not, what would you do differently and how would you fund it?
4. Do you believe the Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness is on track to meet its goals by 2014? What changes would you make to get more resources and reduce homelessness in Seattle?
5. Do you support the Youth Violence Prevention Initiative? Either way, what might you do differently?
6. How will you vote on Referendum No. 1, which imposes a 20-cent fee on disposable shopping bags at grocery, drug and convenience stores? And why?